Printmaking using the painterly methods of monotype
Workshop by Bridget Seaton
You are invited to create numerous unique prints using the painterly method of monotype by working into a surface of rolled ink. You will not only explore exciting mark making techniques by using found objects to remove the ink and create beautiful textures but also discover techniques to create multiple layers and effects. Experiment with the use of various types of paper and learn how to hand tint your work to add a splash of colour. Bridget will demonstrate how she gains inspiration from the landscape for her work whether it is working in a figurative style or choosing the abstract way.
· monotype printing by hand method using dark inks
· mark making and creating textures with household items
· demonstrations on how I create landscapes and tree images using this method
· masking out with stencils
· adding colour to your prints with liquid art spectrum inks
· You will need to bring:
· any old mark making things like household brushes that you may have at home
· images for inspiration (or use images from nature provided by me in class)
· soft paint brushes for hand tinting
· PAPER - bring hot pressed smooth paper or rice paper if you want to do extra prints or bring money to purchase more in class.
The registration fee for this members only event is $72
Images are copyright of the artist or photographer
The Printmakers' Association of Western Australia (PAWA) is a not for profit organisation and registered charity ABN 38045319841