PAWA is delighted to have secured the Moores Building Contemporary Art Gallery for a new look members' exhibition.
The exhibition provides a unique opportunity for individual members to showcase a coherent body of their own work within a dedicated space. Each Body of Work may be composed of one or more pieces of work unified either thematically, technically or stylistically.
The exhibition also provides for members at all levels of experience who wish to exhibit one or two pieces of work which will be hung in one or more group sections.
As well as excitement, this post COVID 19 event brings with it a sense of urgency. We thank you in advance for responding to our tight deadlines.
Categories of Entry:
1. Body of Work: Individual entrants have the opportunity to secure 3.5 linear metres of wall space in which to present a coherent body of work. One or several large works or a collection of smaller works may be displayed in the allocated space at the artist’s discretion. Coherence of the grouping may derive from the subject matter, mediums and techniques or presentation. We encourage an early response as spaces are necessarily limited.
2. Works for group presentation: Individual entrants may submit one or two works (maximum size per work 1m x 1m including frame) to be hung in one or more group sections.
Deadlines for the exhibition are tight. It is vital that all entrants observe the following dates:
| Final date for submission of entry:
|| 25 June 2020
| Notice of acceptance issued:
03 July 2020
| Payment of entry fee due:
|| 10 July 2020
| Delivery and hanging of all work:
|| 29 and 30 July 2020, 9am - 12 midday
| Opening night:
|| 31 July 2020 (Details to follow)
| Gallery hours:
|| 1 August - 15 August 2020, 10am - 4pm
| Exhibition closes:
|| 16 August 2020, 3pm
| Remove and collect all work:
|| 16 August 2020, 3pm - 4pm
Collect remaining work by arrangement
| 17 August 2020, 3pm - 4pm
Conditions of entry:
(Please read carefully before submitting your entry)
- Works may have been previously exhibited but the presentation of recent works is encouraged.
- All work must be the original work of the artist and have an element of hand pulled print.
- Artists presenting a Body of Work will be responsible for the curation and installation of their work, preparation of an artist statement and copies of a catalogue of their own work to be placed near their allocated space, plus one copy to be held at the sales desk during the exhibition. Please include artist, title, medium and price per item. Catalogues will be distinguished alphabetically as in Catalogue A, B… etc with each work identified numerically. Corresponding number stickers, A1, A2, A3 … are to be placed on the wall.
- Bodies of Work must be installed between 9 am and 12 midday on 29th and 30th August. PAWA committee will be in attendance during these times for consultation.
- Artists submitting Category 2 works for group presentation, must provide the following detail: title of work, medium, size and price (framed/ unframed).
- All works must be prepared to exhibition standards and framed works must have D rings attached.
- Unframed works may require hanging with bulldog clips and foam core backing supplied by artist. Further information will be provided.
- 3D works for plinth mounting or hanging are welcomed in either category. Please first contact PAWA pawa@admin to discuss size of work and your presentation requirements.
- All works must be labelled on the back with name, contact details and title of the work.
- Category 2 works for group presentation must be delivered to the Moores Building on Wednesday 29 July between 9am and 12 midday, with installation instructions attached if required.
- PAWA committee and volunteers will prepare the group catalogue and curate the group exhibition.
- PAWA will allocate wall space within the gallery for Bodies of Work:
- Should there be available space once entries are finalised on 9 July, artists may be invited to increase the size of their entry with appropriate cost adjustment.
- Alternatively should there be overwhelming interest, PAWA will determine which Bodies of Work to include.
- Entry fees are specified below. Failure to pay the entry fee by the due date may result in cancellation of entry.
- PAWA will collect 20% commission from the sale of all works.
- All entrants submitting a body of work are obliged to make themselves available for the Gallery sitting roster. Offers from other exhibitors and members are also encouraged.
- All unsold and purchased works must be collected between 3 - 4pm on Sunday 16 August wherever possible. Arrangement can otherwise be made to collect from 3pm - 4 pm on Monday 17 August 2020.
- The removal and packing of each Body of Work will be the full responsibility of the entrant.
Category 1. Body of Work:
Wall space: full wall height, width to 3.5 linear metres between the two furthest outside points of the work: printmaker $130 concession/student member $115
Category 2: Works for group presentation:
Single print to max 1m x 1m (including frame): printmaker $30 concession/student member $20.
Two prints each to max 1m x 1m (including frame): printmaker $40 concession/student member $30
Please note: Your invoice will be issued 3 July with your notice of acceptance.
Due date for payment : 10 July 2020